Monday, January 23, 2012

Do I need a new car stereo or just have it repaired?

I had my car stereo for over 3 years and a few weeks ago, the display on the screen would not come on but the sound would work. Then a week after that, it wouldn't even power up. Every once in a great while it would power on but now lately it doesn't even power up. Could it be that it has an electrical shortage? Or does it have a fuse that blew that I need to replace in the fuse box? Help me because I've been listening to my ipod shuffle and it's not the same like listening to my car stereo and also a little but embarrasing. I also hope that I don't have to purchase another car stereo.Do I need a new car stereo or just have it repaired?
yes it has some shortage in the fuses maybe the wires got crossed in the steering column when you made a left turn onto main street yesterday
Sounds like a fuse. There's probably an inline fuse. It should be on a red wire near the stereo. Check it out.Do I need a new car stereo or just have it repaired?
new new new. anything that is relevant to music must be in good condition!!!
It doesn't sound like a fuse because the problem is intermittent. It sounds like an intermittent short or something in the power supply. What you should do is compare the price of a new one to the cost of getting it fixed. Most car radio shops will charge you a fixed fee for most repairs and/or an estimate and they may know from past experience exactly what your problem is.Do I need a new car stereo or just have it repaired?
In the back of your car stereo there are three important wires that must have a good connection, (the two power, the red and yellow, and the ground wire) if any one of those wires have a bad connection you will have problems like you are experiencing. It is not a fuse, so don't waist your time with that. If all the wires check out, you can get it fixed (which will run about $100), but if you have to spend more then that go for a new deck. you can find a good stereo for $150+. Good luck ;)
Take the stereo out and check the dimmer wire.
  • merchants tire
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment