Monday, January 23, 2012

How to fix a hot wire from my car stereo?

Okay I was installing my new stereo when I accidentally moved the hot wire from my truck and caused it to touch metal. Now that how wire does not give any power out so I had to "ghetto rig it" so my stereo will play. But now I have no memory and my left rear speaker doesn't play. Is there any way to fix this with our going to a car audio shop?How to fix a hot wire from my car stereo?
If the wire no longer carries current then chances are there is a fuse that was blown, Commonly a ten amp.

Additionally the wire you ran is most likely still tied to the ignition ACC and as such shuts off when the ignition is turned off and is not a constant battery feed.



switch the L and R speakers to test if the speaker is the issue or the signal to the speaker.

Three likely causes: Radio fault, wiring fault, speaker fault. Change those symptomatically until the source is narrowed down.How to fix a hot wire from my car stereo?
it sounds like you have blown a fuse. according to what kind of vehicle you have it could be one of the following fuses: RADIO, HORN, CIG LIGHTER, OR CLOCK. and the left rear speaker. check the purple wires or the green ones. then check the connection at the speaker if that does not work.How to fix a hot wire from my car stereo?
ok speakers shouldn't have anything to do with power wire issue......as for fixing ur truck....if its not a blown fuse and u cannot figure it out....u can always run new power wires.......the radio red needs constant 12+ for memory......the radio yellow needs key on + so that it only comes on when the ignition is on.......



so if u wanted u could run the red directly to battery or any other always on power source....would always add a inline fuse if u do this......



and the yellow u can add to any key on circuit....but would suggest only using non major components...don't use fuel pump engine or similar circuits.....



also keep in mind that u need to use a circuit that can handle the extra draw....so don't hook it to a circuit that has a 5 amp fuse.......good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment