Thursday, January 19, 2012

How do you hook up a car stereo?

I recently purchased a Durabrand sar stereo for my husband's car. I have hooked all the wires up the way it says in the manual, and I still can't get it to work. I checked the fuzes and they are OK. There is no power to the stereo. In the manual it says that the red is the power but also attached to the red connector box is also a orange and a light blue. What are the extra wires for and if they aren't hooked up what do I do with them?How do you hook up a car stereo?
You probably won't need the orange and you won't need the light blue wire...



Here is a list of every wire and what it is for.



http://www.sfxaudio.com/AudioSchool/colo鈥?/a>



Make sure that your red wire is connected to an ignition or accessory source. It should be a source that turns on when the car turns on. Then make sure that your yellow wire is connected to a constant voltage source.How do you hook up a car stereo?
look for a wiring diagram that should help you a lot...
  • google chrome update
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment