Monday, January 23, 2012

What is the best way to wire an iPod into your car stereo?

I tried to have Best Buy install it, but when they hardwired it into my car stereo, it would run my battery down when the car was turned off. The guy at Best Buy said all he did was hook it up through a hot wire and he didn't know why it drained the battery when turned off. Any suggestions?What is the best way to wire an iPod into your car stereo?
I would purchase a radio with a standard AUX input. Don't buy something that is made to only work with Ipod, don't limit yourself. If you buy something with a standard AUX input, you can use any device that has a headphone jack on it. I did a custom install on my MX-5 last month so I could use my Iriver....Ipod knockoff. I put the CD player in my glove box, flush mounted into a black vinyl backdrop. I ran the AUX cable (really a headphone jack with 2 male ends) so it would come up through where my emergency brake handle is....that way you don't have to see any wires running from my device to the glove box, or dashboard if you put it there.....visible wires are terrible. My Iriver has an FM tuner, so I don't have to keep the glove box open. I keep the CD player volume at a set level and control the volume through my Iriver.....it is actually a pretty sweet setup.



On the higher-end, you could put in an after market system with amps and everything and get a headphone to RCA jack and run your device straight in to your amps.
you can get an i-trip. you would just have to plug the i-trip into your ipod and set a certain station and it would play the music from your ipod. Also, if you have a cassette player, and you have one of those hook-ups where you put a blank casette and run the wire to your i-pod, that works the sameWhat is the best way to wire an iPod into your car stereo?
Get a stereo with i-Pod attatchment. More and more new cars have the adapter for iPods to be connected. Run it through the 12v socket to avoid draining your battery.
if u have an aftermarket stereo with ipod support or aux input, i'd buy an ipod adapter. a fm tuner is convient but the sound quality isnt really good.What is the best way to wire an iPod into your car stereo?
Im SOO tired of answering this question. But here we go get a aftermarket radio, Pioneer and alpine are the best and get the ipod interface for it it will let you control and see info from the ipod directly through your radio faceplate and it will also charge your ipod while its pluged up. The sound quality is much better than the fm transmitters and theres less chance of you crashing tryin to find a song while lookin at the ipod versus controling the ipod through your radio
iTrip is not great, plus it drains batteries. you can get a Monster Car Tuner for the iPod for around $60 and it charges at the same time. like most of the other products, you chose an empty radio station
Well, my 1988 Honda Civic DX, still has its stock speakers and fm tuner, and so what I did is I went out and bought an adapter, that charges your iPod, can use any form of iPod, even minis/nanos. Its got adjustable wings that help hold it to it, and I think it's made by Belkin, and runs about 40-60 Bucks, defintely worth it!
buy the ipod tuner, you can plug it in to your cigarette lighter and tune into an empty radio FM radio channel and listen to your ipod!!

No comments:

Post a Comment