Monday, January 23, 2012

Do I have to EARTH my car stereo to the chassis?

I have installed a new car stereo and everything tested well. During the test I connected the earth wire to the bracket of the old unit. However my new unit no longer needs this bracket and the only viable place is on the metal plate that acts as a 'roof' for the cigarette ash tray. Is it safe to connect the earth wire to this plate or does it have to be a part of the main car chassis in order to operate safely?Do I have to EARTH my car stereo to the chassis?
It needs a solid ground path. The roof of the ashtray ( I can't see it) sounds like it could be rather flimsy and not a solid connection. If all else fails run a dedicated wire to your grounding wire. A metal bracket or even a screw into some solid sheet metal makes a good ground source.Do I have to EARTH my car stereo to the chassis?
car stereo http://www.autodvdgps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment