Thursday, January 19, 2012

What do I need to run a car stereo in the house?

I have a 12v 1.2A AC adapter off an old router, is this likely to have anywhere near the power requirement to run a car stereo?What do I need to run a car stereo in the house?
It'll work but u need more amps to run at a better rms. I tried it with an 1 amp and it worked but u turn it up and it'll just turn off, at 16 of 50 on my volume control and I like it at 18 in my car. I've heard u need like 6 amps to run at full power for a HU but idk for sure.What do I need to run a car stereo in the house?
Sony CDXGT550UI MP3/WMA/AAC Player CD Receiver with iPod Direct Control via USB stereo sounds good, is nice looking, and is relatively easy to use. The built-in equalizer allows you to customize the sound to your liking. The blue faceplate light option looks great, but the green light option looks washed out, so I'm using the blue light option even though I have a green digital dashboard. The only other complaint I have is the wires provided in the cable harness were a little short for my custom installation. I guess if you'll be replacing your stock stereo with this one and using the custom patch cable that connects this stereo directly to your car's stereo wire harness, you won't care about the short wire harness provided for custom installations... Overall, a good stereo for the price. By the way, my son bought the same stereo, and he loves his.

No comments:

Post a Comment