Saturday, January 14, 2012

How to get you car stereo to turn on automatically when you start the car?

I bought the stereo from Walmart and it worked perfectly fine until one day I turned on my car and it didn't start. It stays on a background screen that says 12:00 AM and that's not even the right time. It used to tell me the right time and now it doesn't it just resets back to 12:00 AM and I have to physically turn it on. Also it used to start the music where I left off and now it doesn't do that anymore! does anyone know what could be the problem?? anything will helpHow to get you car stereo to turn on automatically when you start the car?
Hook up the yellow wire to constant power on your fusebox.

That would be the memory wire for your clock.How to get you car stereo to turn on automatically when you start the car?
Your stereo has a few power wires that need to be correctly hooked up to function. I believe one could have shorted out or blown the in-line fuse. Usually the radio will have red and orange power wires. One wire is memory and needs to have power supplied all the time to retain the radio memory. I believe this is the wire that shorted out. the other wire goes to the ignition switch and is used to switch the radio on when you start your car. If the memory wire is disconnected the radio will start 'fresh' every time you start your car. Stations will be forgotten, time will be off, and it will probably revert back to display mode - like in the store with a scrolling marquee display.

No comments:

Post a Comment