Thursday, January 19, 2012

How do I pick a car stereo that will fit in my '97 Honda Accord?

I have a 1997 Honda Accord EX. Currently, it has an Alpine CD Player model CDE-7826 but it is not working correctly. So, I want to get a new one (the power keeps turning off whenever I go over a bump). If I just buy another Alpine will it work with the existing wiring? Also, the plastic that surrounds the CD Player (the molding in between the unit and the housing of the car) is cracked, so I want to replace that as well.



I want to purchase something off of ebay b/c I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I'm unsure if the new stereo I buy will work correctly with what's already there. I've taken the stereo out and it appears easy to put a new one in - as long as the wires are compatible.How do I pick a car stereo that will fit in my '97 Honda Accord?
you can buy a compatible wiring harness to go with whichever stereo you chose. it should be fairly easy to replace, as long as it fits in the housing that is laready installed. if it doesnt, you might have to go to a car audio shop and have them install it for like 50-100 bucks.How do I pick a car stereo that will fit in my '97 Honda Accord?
Gio to http://www.crutchfield.com/ you can enter your vehicle's info and you'll get a variety of models that'll fit. As for your existing problem if you unit going off when you hit a bump, it's probably a loose wire somewhere. You'll have to trace the wiring to fix it. But if you get a new unit, replacing the wiring harness will probably do the job.How do I pick a car stereo that will fit in my '97 Honda Accord?
Try website noted:
Your power problem is due to a loose connection. You took it out once? Try it again and check every single wire. It would be a shame for you to waste your money on e-bay when it's somethingso simple. Try that, if it isn't that, which I am willing to bet it is, then try the other route. The harnesss' should be the same b/t the 2 so you really just simply unplug the old one and in w/ the new. SO,,, if it's a connection issue, simply changing them out would not solve the problem in the first place.

Try it, no point in ordering something from someone when you might be able to easily fix the prob.

Good Luck!
  • chrome download
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment