Monday, January 23, 2012

Where can I get the code for a honda accord anti theft stereo for my daughters car?

I purchased this Honda Accord Ex for my daughters first car about a month ago. The car is 10 years old and I just put a new battery in it.After I installed the new battery it reset the car stereo. It now asks for a code to enter to make the stereo work again. The car does not have the codes anywhere with the car and I called a dealer, they told me I had to take the stereo out ! Common! Any help here?Where can I get the code for a honda accord anti theft stereo for my daughters car?
I have a Honda Del Sol. When I bought the car I had the same issue, guess what I called the dealer and they were able to get me a code! I have no idea why your dealer told you this. My dealer contacted Honda and gave the serial number of the car and some info off the stero, they were able to supply a code to the dealer and yes it worked. I have since changed the batterey and the code has always worked! If you have a HONDA stock stero Honda does have the code on file I would contact the Honda headquaters ( I have always done this and they have been super helpful). Each code for Honda steros is different and from what I understand there is no universal code. However depending on the type of stero, they might be able to re-program it. Here is the Honda website:

www.honda.com



Silly question you did contact a Honda dealer right? I know but, if you bought it used it could be from anywhere and I found that the Honda dealer is the one with the answers. I did not mean to insult you just a simple question. I will let you know that I have the 6 CD changer/Radio from Honda and they are no longer making them or the parts needed so, if more goes wrong with the stereo you might just want to have a place like Best Buy ect... install a new cheap one.

If you do get a code there is some important stuff to remember, if you type the code incorrectly 3 times you must RUN the car for a 1/2 hour before you can press the code again. Understand the car must run, no running no second chance. Second you have to press the keys hard and wait for the beep after each one. The book does not tell you this I had to contact Honda and learned the hard way.

Good Luck I hope this helps you!
when i bought a honda accord i went to the following web site:



owners.honda.com and registered my car by putting the vin # in and once logged in it already knew the radio code. If that does not work i would call honda and they can tell you.Where can I get the code for a honda accord anti theft stereo for my daughters car?
From what I have heard you do have to remove the radio and bring it to a dealer to reset the code.But you might want to try contacting a radio repair shop or a car stereo shop.they may have a way of resetting the code with the radio in the vehicle
Unless there is a book in the glove box with a card in it that has the code written down, the dealer is right, you will have to take it in.Where can I get the code for a honda accord anti theft stereo for my daughters car?
the dealer should no it so try other dealers
I always had to take the car to the dealer with the registration for them to verify it was mine, and then they put the code in.
ok, first find out the brand of the stereo, then call the 1-800 number that you can find on the website of the company that the brand belongs too... for example, if the stereo is Sony brand, you could get online and go to sony.com and get a number for customer service or something.. good luck
I kept resetting my husbands in his Oldsmobile. If things work on your Honda similarly, just take it in to the nearest Honda dealer and they can reset it for you. The first couple of times I did it, the GM garage charged around 40 each time. After that, they just gave us a code and showed us how to use it. If your local dealer won't do it, go to another one. I am sure one can help you.
It actually isn't very difficult to remove the radio. I removed the radio to my '95 civic, with a Phillips screwdriver. The panel under the radio had 4 screws holding it in. And once the panel was off The radio chassis has 2 screws connecting it to a piece of metal in the dash.

With the screws off, the radio pulls right out.

No comments:

Post a Comment