Monday, January 23, 2012

How do I mount a car stereo in my old boat where there is no in-dash option?

Does anyone know an easy way to hook up a car cd player/stereo in my boat where I don't have a slot for one? Do they sell harnesses or mounts or am I going to have to hang this ugly thing somewhere with all 74 wires coming out the back?



I think i can figure out the wiring myself, i'm mostly just concerned with an elegant way to mount it.How do I mount a car stereo in my old boat where there is no in-dash option?
Depending on the size they make marine cases and there around 12 wires some U won't use like power ant. Check with a marine store.it comes with mounting brackets.How do I mount a car stereo in my old boat where there is no in-dash option?
Just fit a piece of nice, figured plywood into a convenient, appropriate and sheltered place somewhere on board and fit it into the board, much the same as you would if there were a dashboard. Construct the necessary mount behind, using light timber, yourself. There shouldn't need to be too many wires: Power line and two speaker lines. Fit a fuse in the power line.



-|--)How do I mount a car stereo in my old boat where there is no in-dash option?
Poly-Planar makes one of the best splash proof enclosures



Here is one source:



http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment